include ("../../includes/navpanel.php"); ?>
Donald J. Sasser
Date and Place of Birth:
April 13, 1943;
West Palm Beach, Florida
||Loyola University (A.B., 1965)
University of Florida (J. D., 1967)
||Board Certified as a specialist in Marital and Family Law, The Florida Bar (1985 – )
||The Florida Bar (admitted in 1968); Palm Beach County, American Bar, and International Bar Associations; U.S. District Court, Southern
Division; 11th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals; Federal Appellate Court; Supreme Court of the United States; American Academy of Matrimonial
Lawyers; International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers; American
College of Family Trial Lawyers
|Included in The Best Lawyers of America, 1986 Edition to current. Selection to receive this honor is made by fellow lawyers and judges who
make their choices from those who have achieved preeminent status as a practitioner in the field of Family Law.
Included in Who's Who of American Lawyers
Has an “AV” rating in Martindale-Hubbell, a listing of all lawyers in the United States. The AV rating designates “very high to preeminent” lawyers and is voted upon by fellow lawyers and judges.
Included in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
(1992 – )
Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and Past President of the Florida Chapter. The AAML is an organization which invites only the finest Family Law practitioners into its membership. Candidates must first be Board Certified as a specialist in Family Law in their State, if such a certification program exists, and then must pass a rigorous examination before admission.
Charter Member, Immediate Past President, Past Vice President, and Past Secretary of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and Past President of the US Chapter. The IAML is an organization of approximately 1,000 members worldwide who limit their practice to Family Law, and who have achieved preeminent status.
Diplomate of the American College of Family Trial Lawyers. Formed in 1993, the ACFTL is a select group of 100 of the top Family Law trial lawyers from across the United States, practicing sophisticated and complex Family Law and matrimonial matters both domestically and abroad. Diplomates are chosen based upon their recognized litigation skills and courtroom abilities.
The Florida Bar:
- Member, Family Law Section
- Past Chairman of the Family Law Section
- Assisted in drafting the original Uniform Child Support Guidelines and lobbied for its passage in Tallahassee
- Assisted in the lobbying and passage of the Equitable Distribution Statute and the Florida Shared Parental Responsibility Act
- Appointed by the President of the Florida Bar as Chairman of the Board of Legal Specialization and Education for the State of Florida, for every area of specialty in the practice of law
- Appointed by the President of the Florida Bar in 1983 to serve on the original Certification Committee on Family Law Specialization, assisting in the drafting of the examination that was administered to certification applicants the first two years
Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers (2006 – current), an annual listing of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Selected by South Florida Magazine as one of the top divorce lawyers in Palm Beach County (1991)
Listed in Palm Beach Book of Facts and Firsts as one of the best lawyers in the Palm Beach area
||In the area of Family Law:
- Lectured on Family Law at the University of Florida Law School
- Frequent instructor and lecturer for the Florida Bar's Continuing Legal Education Program
- Lecturer for private agencies in the area of Family Law
- Past instructor for The Florida Bar's Annual Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute
||Authored numerous articles, including:
- The Poison & The Antidote: The Ins and Outs of Offshore Trusts (Family Law Institute, Cairo Egypt, January 2010)
- Mind Games: Examining the Adverse Psychologist in a Child Custody Case (AAML Florida Chapter Institute, May 2004)
- Use of Depositions at Trial, The Florida Bar, April 1998
- Findings and Conclusions (American Bar Association, Family Law Section, November 1992)
- Enforceability of Final Judgment Pending Rehearing (Bar Bulletin, July 1991)
- Statutory Changes in Family Law (Bar Bulletin, June 1991)
- Statutory Changes, Summary of Senate Bill 1932, The Family Lawyer
- Florida’s Shared Parental Responsibility Experience (International Bar Association, 6th Biennial Conference, Montreal, Canada, June 1991)
- Joint Custody in the United States and Florida in Particular (International Bar Association, 6th Biennial Conference, Montreal, Canada, June 1991)
- Attacking Antenuptial and Marital Settlement Agreements
- Abandonment of Prenuptial Agreement
- Status of No-Fault in the State of Florida