Premier Family Law Attorneys
Modifications Top Quality Legal Representation, Every Time.

Modification of Court Orders

Modification Attorneys for Residents of West Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie & Indian River Counties

A child support, child custody, and/or alimony order may be subject to modification according to a substantial, unforeseeable, and permanent change in circumstances validated by the court. At Sasser, Cestero & Roy, P.A., we assist clients looking to review, re-negotiate, and/or change an existing court order. Court orders that may be modifiable include:

Modifying a court-order agreement is a complex undertaking that requires the legal counsel of a well-seasoned lawyer.

Contact a family law attorney from Sasser, Cester & Roy, P.A. online or call our firm at (561) 693-1241 to book a confidential appointment.

What Circumstances Would Grant a Modification?

The circumstances that may warrant a modification to a child custody, child support, and/or alimony order include but are not limited to the following:

  • Decreased income
  • Job loss
  • Relocation
  • Serious illness
  • Increase in childcare costs
  • Increase in family obligations
  • Failure to perform parental duties
  • Increased income

In divorce cases where one spouse attempted to hide property and assets that were later uncovered, you could petition the court to revisit and potentially modify these matters.

How to Modify Visitation and/or a Parenting Plan

To modify visitation and/or a parenting plan it is in your best interests to seek the guidance of a reputable lawyer. A lawyer at our firm will be able to discuss your options with you, determine if the request for modification is valid, and help you navigate each step of the process.

After consulting with a lawyer, you will want to complete the necessary paperwork. Be prepared to answer questions, such as:

  • What is the substantial, material, and/or unanticipated change that led to this request for a modification?
  • What modification are you requesting and how would you like it to be altered?
  • How is this modification in the best interests of your child(ren) – if applicable?

The court will take the child’s best interests into consideration first and are hesitant to modify a child custody and/or child support order if doing so could adversely affect the child.

Contact an Attorney at Our Firm to Book an Appointment

At Sasser, Cestero & Roy, P.A., we can assist you with your modification request whether that is a post-divorce modification, child custody arrangement, visitation order, or alimony order. We are strategic in our approach and strive to do our best to not only help you with a court modification but also determine if this is the best choice for you and your family.

Reach out online or call our firm at (561) 693-1241 to book a confidential appointment. Hablamos español.

You Don't Have to Come Into the Office for a Fresh Start

Have questions about how the works? Give us a call or fill out a form to speak with an attorney.

Contact Us

Schedule Your Private Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Submitting your information does not create an attorney-client relationship