International Evidence & Service Consulting
Counsel for Residents of West Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, & Indian River Counties with International Matters
At Sasser, Cestero & Roy, P.A., we handle family law matters with elements that occur domestically and abroad. The breadth and complexity of such matters require a keen understanding of international law beyond the United States as proceedings will fall under multiple jurisdictions. As such, it is advisable to consult with an attorney who has extensive knowledge of foreign law coupled with a wealth of experience.
To schedule your initial consultation with an family law attorney at Sasser, Cestero & Roy, P.A., call our firm at (561) 693-1241 or contact us online.
Family Law Matters Regarding International Evidence
Cases concerning international child custody may require international evidence and expert witness testimonies. A common example of this would be a parent refusing overseas visitation rights or attempting to relocate a child abroad without the other parent’s permission. Our lawyers can assist you with such matters to determine if:
- The other parent’s act constitutes as international kidnapping as determined by the International Parental Kidnapping Crime Act.
- The parent placed the child in danger by allowing him/her to visit a specific country that may be deemed unsafe.
- The issuance of multiple passports for the child enhances the risk of a parent abducting the child.
- One parent has violated the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
- A foreign country will permit the return of your child (in the event he/she is abducted by your ex-spouse)
International divorce cases involve a myriad of issues, especially if hidden assets are uncovered. At Sasser, Cestero & Roy, P.A., we provide strategic, international divorce planning services regarding but not limited to the following matters:
- Analysis of divorce law in foreign jurisdictions
- Which country the legal action should be filed
- The grounds for the divorce
- The nature of the assets involved and the method of asset division across multiple countries (including but not limited to pre-marital assets, trust assets, inherited assets, and gifted assets)
- The philosophy of the courts across various jurisdictions
- Rules concerning spousal support by country
- The validity and rules governing any pre-nuptial or post-nuptial agreement
- International law regulations related to your child(ren)’s rights
International Service Consulting
International family law matters should be handled by a capable and experienced lawyer with an acute understanding of the intricacies of domestic and international law. At Sasser, Cestero & Roy, P.A., we are internationally recognized as leaders in transnational family law, positioned to help you wherever you are in the world. We offer international service consulting related but not limited to the following:
- Transnational litigation
- International agreements
- International child relocation
- International child abduction cases
- International evidence
Schedule a Confidential Consultation with an Attorney at Our Firm
International family matters have many facets that require an extensive understanding of international law and a commitment to resolving the issues at hand. Our award-winning, board-certified family law specialists at Sasser, Cestero & Roy, P.A. are the most qualified attorneys in Florida. Our long list of A-list clients serves as testament to our commitment to maintaining the highest level of service. Let us guide you through your international family law matter in a discreet, professional manner, so you can bring your attention back to what matters most: your family.
To schedule a confidential consultation with an attorney who specializes in international family law services, call our firm at (561) 693-1241 or contact us online.